Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Things we still need to be done:

here is a list of things still left to be worked on:

1) Art - list of artists maybe? maybe some images??? Need an idea of this stuff before the Curitorial Statement gets underway...

2) I have the Loan agreement forms - Rob you are picking them up from the gallery on Thurs. between 1-5

3) The Cards: now that we have money ( hopefully enough to cover) I think a good idea would be to get the cards designed and on their way, because we all decided not to mail them out, we are going to rely heavily on word of mouth and distribution. Some people are going to have to volunteer to drop off cards around town, I have a list of a couple main places we want to start with, but we want to drop them off with enough time to circulate too. - we also need someone to write up the press release, i have the format just someone needs to do it.

4) we also need artist contracts. I have not typed that up yet, but that would also be something to bring along when whoever is going to do studio visits does. I took notes from Marji in class on what to change on the form if someone else wants to type them up to have them ready by Fri.

5) Paint - the other group ended up getting money donated, so thats cool. I don't know how sales ended today, but I am hoping we get a little extra to buy some paint. I will check into that situation tomorrow, but Sunday and Monday I will be painting the wall in the Front Door gallery. I am going to Home Depot tonight to get some idea of what color paint to paint the wall, but knowing what some of the art is going to look like would be helpful for this part as well.

ok.
thats the list.
i think we plan on meeting tomorrow/ friday? I know I threatened Rob with vulgar text messages if I did not hear from him by Thursday ( and that still holds true ) but what about Aby and Rebecca?
I will be in the gallery from 1-4 if you guys can make it anytime to kind of divide up the rest of the jobs we have left, that would be great.

one final thing:
when we have the final list of artists, do we want them to write up a little artist bio on themselves or does someone want to take on that task? I suggest we have the artist do it.
thats all I got for now.

3 comments:

Emily_is... said...

2 more things:
1)Aby, Kathy told me about the Ceramics sale the same night, can we discuss where it will be taking place? - like what area of the building?
2) And the last thing is that I want to write a column or something for the sagebrush... does anyone have any suggestions or have anything specific in it?

rawblades said...

emily i tried to post up some examples of the work, but yahoo mail isn't working very well so i can't get the images onto this(print studio) computer to post them. i will do it when i get home. sorry.

Emily_is... said...

thats ok. i looked up Nolan's pieces and i will let you know what dates work with me.